Grandma’s Carrot Cake
Today, I will be making carrot cake. I absolutely love carrot cake and I could eat it every day! Here is a recipe for y’all if you want to make it at home :)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1-½ cups of canola oil
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2-½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1-½ teaspoons of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 cups of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Beat the first 4 ingredients until well blended. Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in carrots and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack; cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake.
I used this recipe from TasteOfHome: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grandma-s-carrot-cake/